Wednesday, December 12

Baking

up a storm! Well, not really but I AM baking! Hubby's company has a cool Christmas Pot Luck... for 10 days, you can sign up to bring in a dish for everyone to try... "What better way to try a new Holiday dish then on us? " is what it said in the email lol. I was going to send something spinachy, but decided to break them in easy w/ a dessert item.

I wanted to try that Kraft Luscious Four Layer Pumpkin Cake for Thanksgiving but never got to. I thought it would be too hard for hubby to get a 4 layer cake to work, let alone cut it and serve it lol. So I opted for a 9x13 cake and would add the filling to the top too. Well, it is pretty ugly for my standards, so ugly I won't show you lol. But can I tell you how delish it is? The batter was so good I knew it would be delish when it was done!

Who would have thought adding some pumpkin, a couple of eggs, oil, milk and eggs to a yellow cake mix could be so heavenly? Not to mention you then mix cream cheese with pumpkin, spices and powdered sugar (mine was lumpy and that really bothered me) and then fold in a whole tub of cool whip and that's delish too!

So you layer that between the layers (cut the cake in 1/2) and I put it on top too. Right before serving you drizzle with carmel sauce and throw on some crushed pecans. One word for ya baby.... YUMMMOOOO.

Now I'm making one of my Grandma's cookie recipes. Grandma's Cake Cookies. This recipe is my brother's and my little sister's recipe AND it's super easy. So, I'm 'multitasking' so to speak. I've got a cookie exchange on SAturday AND I always make treats for my family at Christmas (I usually try to do their favs) and send them to them. Woo hoo! I'll have one down and about 4 or 5 more recipes to go.

Want the recipe? Here it is:


Grandma's Cake Cookies
1 box cake mix
1 egg
1 8-oz. tub cool whip
powdered sugar

Mix cake mix (my family's fav is cherry chip, but they don't make that anymore so this time I combined strawberry and funfetti!!), egg and tub of cool whip well. If you do it by hand it will give you a serious workout!

Drop by spoonful into powdered sugar, roll into a ball. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
To me, these are soo super sweet they give me a stomach ache, but everyone else seems to LOVE them. Easy peasy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy. Traci

ronee said...

okay..now that i have read that I am STARVING. I haven't had breakfast yet..I better check out the fridge!
xoxo
ronee

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh that looks AMAZING!! I must try it! Thanks for the tips. I think I now have my hokiday dessert planned!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

that sounds delish!!!